We’ve all had those times when we’ve had to make something impressive but simply don’t have the time at hand to make something as elaborate. Let’s make life a little uncomplicated by taking a step away from elaborate recipes that require you to make multiple trips to the grocery store. These easy recipes are perfect for the lazy chef in you! So go ahead, impress your guests with these 5 ingredient unbelievably easy dessert recipes that’ll leave your guests swooning with happyness.
1. Baked Ice Cream Cannoli
Cannoli is a staple Italian pastry and these tube-shaped shells of doughy goodness are so easy to make. We’ve made a yummy twist to the traditional cannoli to bring you even more happyness by using ice cream instead of ricotta cheese and baking these little wonders. For this recipe, you will need-
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp. sugar
• 1½ tbsp. softened butter
• 2 tbsp. sour cream
• 6 scoops Baskin Robbins Vanilla ice cream
1. In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar and butter. Whisk the ingredients together. Keep adding the sour cream in small portion and whisk until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
3. Roll the dough out and divide them into balls. Roll each ball to make thin circles. Use canoli tubes or make a cannoli form by rolling heavy-duty foil into a cylindrical shape. Wrap the dough around the cannoli tubes or the form after greasing with butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Place the cannoli with the tube/form on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Remove half-baked cannoli from the tube or form and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Fill a piping bag with the Baskin Robbins Vanilla ice cream and stuff the cannoli shells.
7. They are ready to serve with some gleaming happyness!
2. Warm Apple-Cinnamon Crisp
Apple and cinnamon are a match made in heaven. Even better when there is Baskin Robbins ice cream involved! This apple crisp is perfect for when you’re in no mood to do the dishes. This recipe is the perfect combination of hot and cold for when you can’t make up your mind! For this recipe, you will need-
• 6 apples (peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
• 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
• 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1 cup butter
• Baskin Robbins Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large bowl, mix the apples, flour and 1 tsp. of the cinnamon. Spread this mixture onto a baking tray.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the butter and remaining cinnamon. Spread evenly over the apples.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the apples are tender when pierced.
5. Serve warm with a dollop of the Baskin Robbins Vanilla ice cream.
3. Strawberry Ice Cream Crepes
Source: Baking Mischief
Crepes have been an all-time favourite among all age groups. This luxurious flat pastry is everything you need if you’re big on fuss-free cooking. For this recipe, you will need-
• 1½ cups milk
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp. sugar
• Baskin Robbins Very Berry Strawberry ice cream
• 3 tbsp. butter
1. Whisk together the milk, sugar and flour until it forms a smooth batter.
2. Grease a non-stick skillet with butter. Ladle the batter into the skillet and spread it in circular motions.
3. Cook until golden brown on each side.
4. Transfer the cooked crepes onto a plate and fold them with the Baskin Robbins Very Berry Strawberry ice cream stuffed in between. Top it up with some chocolate. What are you waiting for? Go ahead for some sinful indulgence!
Looking for more stress-free dessert recipes? Check out 5 Minute Dessert Hacks For A Lazy Chef.
Feature Image Source: Betty Crocker